Consulting for Estimating Departments
In consulting Estimating Departments, some of the Problems we typically address are:
- Review Procedure and Policies issues.
- How to quickly read Bid Documents.
- How to be efficient in their Take Off Procedures.
- How to develop Bid Day Summary Sheets.
- How to develop and manage Scope Sheets.
- How to Negotiate Subcontracts.
- How to invite Subcontractors to Bid.
- The importance of Subcontractor Relationships.
- How to develop and use Metrics.
- How to perform a Preliminary Budget.
- How to organize your Estimating Files
- How to create a Construction Schedule.
- How to have an Estimating Strategy.
- Why is it important to know your Competitors.
- How to organize Bid Day.
- How to manage Emotions.
- How to develop an Audit Trails.
- How to close out a Bid.
- How to communicate with Upper Management.
- How to analyze Productions.
- How to create a Cash Flow Report.
- How to use a Cut/Add Sheet.
- How to identify Risks.
We start with an initial consultation to identify your needs. We create a customized solution which will be an analysis of your Estimating Departments procedures and policy. Following this process, we will present a proposal for implementation of our recommendations which will provide you with an efficient and energized Estimating Department.